Hello everyone! It is Easter weekend, so I want to share some tips on how you can style a major spring trend this weekend. That trend is none-other than sneakers paired with skirts and dresses. We are not talking about running shoes by any means, but, rather, fashion sneakers that are minimalist or even embellished. So, try out this look this weekend by following my 5 tips on how to style it!
1. White on White. For me, white is one of my go-to neutrals in the spring and summer seasons. So, as pictured above, I decided to pair some white sneakers with a white skirt. The key to this look is incorporating pieces in a variety of textures.
2. Denim Do. Denim is always in for the spring and you can easily style your favorite denim dress or skirt with a pair of sneakers. Just be sure the dress or skirt is right above or right below the knee for the most elongating look.
3. Go Sporty. Skirts in much more casual fabrics and styles look great when paired with sneakers, since they are cohesive. Add a feminine touch by incorporating a structured blouse to offset the sportiness of the other pieces.
4. Dress it Up. If you have a special occasion planned, then you can still wear this trend. Go for a pair of sneakers with a bit of embellishment or a metallic finish. Pair these sneakers with your party dress or skirt and you will have a look that's funky and right on trend.
5. Visit emilyehardt.com for fashion inspiration and styling tips!