Hello HalfStackers! Today, I am going to share with you some tips on how to style a trend that can be found in pretty much every store out there right now. This trend is lace-up detailing. The lace-up trend can be found in clothing from tops to dresses to jeans. I love this trend and think that it is wearable for any age depending on the piece you chose and how you style it. Here are my 5 styling tips to help you dive right into this trend:
1. Make is Subtle. If you are to wear this trend during the daytime, then I suggest going for a more subtle version. For example, in the image shown above, you can see how I chose this top that has just enough of the lace-up feel to it, but is not too revealing for daytime wear. This look is perfect to wear to class or out on a daytime date.
2. Don't Over Style. A great trend, such as this one, should be the focal point of your look. Don't over-style it by adding too many frills. In the image above, you can see that I chose to pair my top with black overalls and black sandals, which allowed the top to be the focus.
3. Try an Unexpected Garment. Lace-up detailing can be found on so much more than just tops and dresses. Why not try a pair of shorts or jeans with the lace-up detailing on the sides? Or, for the office, go for a blazer that has lace-up detailing in the back or on the sleeves.
4. Have Fun with It! This trend is all about not being too serious, so definitely have fun with it. If you are headed out with your girls, then why not try a more exaggerated version of the trend? If you are still weary about this look, then try it in a smaller fashion with a bag or pair of shoes. Not matter your comfort level with the lace-up look, there is a piece out there for everyone to try. Just be sure to have fun and make it your own!
5. Visit emilyehardt.com for outfit inspiration and to see how you can style the latest trends!