It is finally Friday HalfStackers! A trend that I challenge you to try this weekend is vinyl. Yes, vinyl! This trend was seen all over the New York Fashion Week streets and can be just as wearable for every day. Whether it be a vinyl jacket, pants, or even a skirt, you are bound to turn some heads. So, today I would like to share my tips on how to style vinyl.
1. Pair with Denim. Try a vinyl jacket with a pair of denim culottes or a pair of vinyl pants with a denim shirt. Either way, this pairing juxtaposes one another and creates a balanced look.
2. Go Monochromatic. A black vinyl jacket can add some depth to an all black ensemble. The key here is to vary up the textures in order to create a unique and pulled together outfit.
3. Add Crisp and Structured Pieces. Whether it be a pair of vinyl pants or a vinyl skirt, adding a simple and structural blazer with a white tee looks smart. Toss on a pair of your favorite heels and you have a look that's both on trend and professional.
4. Try a Pop of Color. A lot of vinyl pieces come in neutrals like black and white, but why not opt for a pair in a color like red? This way, you can incorporate your favorite basics from a simple leather jacket to black booties to make an effortlessly chic ensemble.
5. Visit emilyehardt.com for the latest styling tips!