Happy Friday! While the weather in the Chicagoland area isn't looking all too promising this weekend, I can assure you that spring has sprung at least in the fashion world! To beat the dreary and rain filled weather we've been having, I am embracing one of spring's biggest trends-bold florals. Sure, florals are always in for the springtime, but this season we are seeing bolder variations of the print and interesting silhouettes featuring the print. Floral pants are something you can find in almost any store currently, so today I am showing you how you can style this piece into your look:
1. Pair with Neutrals. If you are one that shy's away from prints, then pairing a floral printed pant with a neutral color scheme is key to making this trend work for you. So, grab your favorite denim jacket and white tee for a toned down option.
2. Mix Prints. Now, if you are on the contrary to my first tip and love prints, then why not add another print into the mix? Try styling a simple stripe blouse in the same color scheme as the pants to create a look that's bold and fashion forward.
3. Go Sporty. Sneakers have been a must have of mine for the spring, as they are not just a comfortable and casual option, but also offer a different kind of take on any look that I put together. For example, I chose a white sneaker for my outfit that's pictured above to give my girly pants a sportier and more unexpected twist.
4. Choose Complimenting Hues. Sure, you can pair neutrals and other prints with floral pants, but another great way to wear them is by incorporating pieces into the upper half of your look that tie into the print of the pants. In my look above, I chose a green, suede moto jacket and a blush tee because those colors are in the print of my pants. These two pieces really tied the whole look together.
5. Visit emilyehardt.com for even more outfit inspiration and styling tips!