Hello HalfStackers! Today, I am sharing with you styling tips on how to merge feminine and masculine inspired clothing in order to create a chic and stylish look. Sometimes menswear inspired pieces like oxfords, stripe button ups, and track pants can be daunting to style. However, as long as you pair these pieces with feminine touches, your look will be awesome. Here are my 5 tips to get your menswear inspired looks started:
1. Try Oxfords. Find a pair of oxfords in with fun embellishments, metallic touches, or interesting detailing. You can style your oxfords with a variety of garments from dresses to skirts to jeans.
2. Go for Stripes. Stripes are very refined and sophisticated, but can sometimes read very masculine. So, try to find a garment with feminine detailing to make the stripes less masculine. For example, this top that I'm wearing has ruffle detailing and an open back.
3. Mix it up. You can easily mix different materials together from soft to hard, such as suede, denim, and leather. This mix makes your look interesting and playful. Just be sure not to overdo it, so choose just a few to mix and match.
4. Add a Pop of Color. In the look pictured above, I chose to incorporate a touch of red into my look to, again, add a feminine vibe. My lipstick is red and so is a stripe in the blouse, which ties the look together.
5. Visit emilyehardt.com for the latest styling tips and tricks!