Conflict-Free Diamonds: A new way to say I Love You this Valentine's DayFriday, February 10, 2017 Celia A. Pena
There are a number of ways to say "I love you" on Valentine's Day but let's face it, giving someone a diamond certainly says a little more. Though the gem is certainly a symbol of love and is extremely captivating in appearance, the actual history of the diamond itself was less than appealing and even saddening because it's value has caused a lot of harm in the past. Used only for destruction, the diamonds we know and love were at one point the ultimate resource for countries like Africa, to fund destructive civil wars, which unfortunately led to millions of lost lives. Today however, there are companies who have made it their mission to reproduce, and manufacture what are known as, "conflict-free diamonds" to ensure that we do not contribute to a problem that has been around since 1999, and also, avoid digging into the one planet we inhabit.
It's time to express a new kind of love on February 14th...and you can do just that with conflict-free diamonds.
Among these many organizations seeking to change the world with what are known as "conflict-free" diamonds, is Ada Diamonds, named after the 19th century Countess of Lovelace August Ada King, and founded by Silicon Valley's very own husband-wife team, Jason Payne and Lindsay Reinsmith.
Together they made a plan in 2011 to get their perfect engagement ring from a jeweler that participated in the manufacturing of lab grown diamonds. Since the process was not easy and there was very minimal information when it came to the topic of lab grown diamonds, the couple have made it their mission to produce custom fine jewelry using unique lab grown diamonds in order to increase access, awareness, and availability of their sustainable, conflict free diamonds.
First and foremost, YES, Ada Diamonds not only produces the traditional white diamond that we all know and love, but they also have collections that cater to specific occasions and even enable you to customize your own design to get the gem and look that you've always dreamed of.
- Delicate: Petite $500 designs guaranteed to delight any special occasion, holiday, or achievement.
- Strong : Made entirely out of microscopic diamonds sintered together and laser cut into bold rings, necklaces, and suiting accessories.
- Daily : Designed for the workplace and the weekend.
- Ada : Brings to life the creations of talented jewelry artists from around the globe.
- Signature: Offers high jewelry impeccably designed with the best diamonds on earth.
- Bridal : Offers the choice of Proposal Setting to ensure your proposal is a surprise, or be inspired by one of the already designed rings.