Hello all of you HalfStackers out there! It seems to be getting colder and colder here in the Chicagoland area. I am over the cold, but know it is going to last a bit. So, comfort and warmth are key in these frigid months, yet no one wants to sacrifice style. This scenario is where the athlesuire, or what I call "sporty chic," look comes in. You can be sporty, while still looking modern and stylish if you follow my tips below.
1. Find a Cool Sneaker. Currently, sneakers are having a major moment, so pick a pair that is unique and gets your attention. You are sure to wear them through these cold months and into the spring.
2. Spice up Sweats. Almost everyone can agree that sweatpants are insanely warm and comfortable, but are definitely not seen as the epitome of fashion. However, if you pick a pair in a lux material, such as leather or velvet and pair them with a structured jacket and cool pumps, then you are such to have a much more sophisticated and stylish take.
3. Toss on a Bomber. A bomber jacket is another piece that is trending right now and it definitely is on the sporty side. Choose one in a satin fabric or with cool embellishments for a dressier take. Toss this jacket on with your favorite dress or pair of jeans.
4. Balance your Look. No matter what piece or pieces you decide to incorporate into your sporty chic look, just be sure they are balanced with something structured and lux to avoid looking like you just stepped out of the gym. Choose 1 or 2 sporty pieces at most to incorporate into your look.
5. Visit emilyehardt.com for fashion and styling inspiration!