Hello HalfStackers! For this week's styling post, I really wanted to share with you some tips on how to style one of 2017's top trends. The trend that I am referring to is off-the-shoulder tops. To be honest, I did not like this trend at first, but I decided to keep trying to find one that worked for me. After searching from store to store, I found a satin one that I absolutely love (pictured below) from Express. Now, I can't get enough of the trend! I know that these tops can be intimidating to try and style, but follow my 5 key tips below and you are sure to rock this trend!
1. Pair with Leather Pants. As seen in the photo above, I have this off-the-shoulder blouse half tucked into a pair of leather pants for an edgier take. Toss on a cute choker necklace and fun booties for the perfect going out look.
2. Tuck it into a Skirt. To give this top a much more feminine vibe, try tucking it into a skirt. For the spring and summer, I suggest one that's in a vibrant color, such as a cobalt blue.
3. Go for Shorts. Half tuck the front of the blouse into a pair of denim shorts for a much more casual take on the trend. All that's left to do is add your favorite gladiator sandals and a pair of cool sunnies and you are set.
4. Layer a Top Underneath. While this trend looks great with bare shoulders, you can easily add a collared blouse underneath for a quirkier look.
5. Visit emilyehardt.com for weekly styling tips and outfit inspiration!