Hello HalfStackers! Can you believe that 2016 is about to be over in just a few days here?! I am excited to see all of what 2017 will bring. As for now, I am going to live in the moment and share with you some tips for picking out the perfect New Year's look.
1. Go for Glamour. New Year's is all about looking glamourous, so be sure to incorporate at least a little bit of shine into your look, whether it be as simple as a pair of earrings or as bold as a sequin blazer.
2. Be Comfortable. While comfort and fashion do not tend to be words that go together, it is definitely possible to achieve both in your look. Try a pair of velvet joggers or a pair of sequin sneakers for unique takes on typical holiday dressing.
3. Don't Go Overboard. It is very important to create a look that is memorable for New Year's, but just make sure it is memorable for all the right reasons. For example, do not go too far and pile on loads and loads of jewelry, which will make your look seem overdone.
4. Dress Your Date. Make sure you have your significant other with you when the clock strikes midnight and make sure that he/she is dressed to impress, as you are. Choose a color scheme that works for you both and go from there. Just be sure not to be too matchy-matchy.
5. Visit emilyehardt.com for the latest styling tips and tricks!