Hello all of you HalfStackers out there! Today, I am excited for 2 reasons: 1) being because it is Friday and 2) because I am sharing another styling post with all of you! Today, we will be focusing on the many different ways you can style a patterned shift skirt. This cut of skirt looks flattering on so many body types, so it is definitely a great piece to add to your wardrobe. The one pictured below is from Loft and you can find the link to shop it on emilyehardt.com. Now, let's get started with those styling tips!
1. Let the Skirt Standout. Pair all neutral clothing and accessories with the skirt in order to allow it to be the focal point of your look. However, that doesn't mean you have to wear boring garments. Instead, vary textures from fur to suede for an interesting combination.
2. Pair with Tights. Yes, tights can be modern, as long as you pick a pair that are a bit sheer and are in a modern color. With this skirt, I would go with a pair of navy, grey, or maybe even something with a slight gold sheen to it.
3. Play with Color. If your skirt is patterned like the one pictured above, then you have such a variety of colors to choose from to compliment the print. For example, toss on a red, suede jacket an a navy blouse or go for a bold shoe in a red or slightly pinkish hue.
4. Dress it Down. Sure, you can totally wear this skirt to work or out on a date, but if you want a casual weekend look, then this skirt can totally be incorporated into something like that. Try a denim jacket with a grey tee paired with a simple necklace and grey sneakers.
5. Visit emilyehardt.com for several more inspiring looks featuring this skirt!