active edge fitness

Gift Guide - For the Active Adventurer

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 HALFSTACK MAGAZINE

Here's another gift guide for all of you out there who need some inspiration! Remember, it's always the thought that counts and if you put some thought into your purchase (big or small) then the gift most definitely will be appreciated! If you have a very active person in your life, I find that practical items that either aid in their journeys or make them easier are usually well received! Check out my roundup of interesting items that are unique and perfect for the active adventurer in your life. - Jen




Active Edge Sleep T-Shirt

We all could use a little extra sleep. But, if extra sleep isn't so easy to get, then making the most of the time you have is usually your best bet. So many people struggle to get enough sleep every nigh. The question we should be asking ourselves is not if we get enough sleep, but if the sleep we do get is good enough? It really is important to optimize the sleep you get. Preparing yourself by creating good habits (actually setting a bed time and rise time), creating a good environment for rest (comfortable and relaxing space) and timing your sleep patterns to work best for your internal clock. There are a ton of apps you can use like sleepyti.me to help set your healthy habits.

Exercise is also important. Exercise can help improve your sleep in the evening, but don't exercise right before bed as the rush of endorphins will keep you up. Cutting back on screen time or eliminating it completely before bed. We've heard study after study that mention that electronic devices can harm our sleep cycles.

Your environment is also important. We all have a tendency to toss and turn if it is too warm or too cold in our bedrooms. It's said that the best temps to sleep in are between 60-68 degrees Fahrenheit. A comfy bed and the right pajamas are other options to help you in terms of creating the optimal environment to get that much needed rest.  One brand hoping to improve wellness and quality of life both while working out and while asleep is Active Edge: a line of performance garments and accessories.

The new Active Edge shirt has been proven in studies to help increase REM sleep. The technology infused into the shirt does not require wires or electronics, the fibers of the shirt are treated with a proprietary machine that embeds frequency into the shirt, the same technology that doctors have used for decades in PEMFT machines to heal broken bones and treat pain and swelling. There is a sleeping shirt and work out shirts for both men and women.




Just wearing the Active Edge shirt at night has been proven in testing by University of Florida Health Shands Hospital and the United States Department of Defense labs to provide an 8% average reduction in fatigue with an increase in REM restorative sleep time. As someone who struggles with insomnia, I am always looking for ways to help me get my sleep cycle in order without having to utilize any type of medication. This t-shirt put a spell on me, if I didn't have to wash it every few nights, I would sleep in it every day. It's comfortable, breathable and most importantly it has helped me sleep better. What kind of magic is this? I am not completely sure, but you can check out more details here!

REGOgear Metrosling (brought to you by Men's Lifestyle Editor: Dwight Bejec)

Going for a hike, jog or are you a set stylist or even an active photographer running around on your feet half the day? What's the most difficult task you face? For me, the number one issue I face when doing any of the above is figuring out where to keep everything without having to carry 10 bags or 1 enormous bag that kills my back. Products like the REGOgear Metro Sling make life so.much.easier!!




When working on set, I like to carry my camera and just the essentials such as: my phone, a few extra SD cards, an extra small camera battery, water and my keys. The REGOgear Metro Sling is a sleek and easy to wear sling bag minus all the bulk. It has easy to access pocket compartments, is minimal in design and has a quick release adjustable strap so it can be sized to fit you perfectly. I've been using this on set recently and it's been a dream. The foam padding built in protects devices, the rear water bottle holder keeps my hands free and the mesh keeps you dry as it wicks away moisture. I don't have to carry all my camera bags, I am not bogged down by extra weight and it keeps my hands free to do what I do best, photograph.

This is also great for outdoor use. Jen and I hike trails out by us and she always ends up carrying her phone and like the gentlemen I am, I end up with her stuff in my pocket along with my keys and my phone. Utilizing the sling bag gives me room to place her items along with my own and keep my hands free.

Unicef Kid Power Band 

If you have active kids or are trying to get your kids in the habit of less screen time and more play time, than the Unicef Kid Power Band is a great option for a holiday gift. Not only are they the perfect gift for kids to help others globally, but also to stay fit at the same time! Purchasing with a purpose truly helps movements such as UNICEF progress forward.






The UNICEF Kid Power Band works in tandem with the UNICEF Kid Power App, allowing kids to go on missions and earn points by getting active. The points unlock therapeutic food packets which UNICEF delivers to severely malnourished children around the world. Additional supporters of UNICEF Kid Power include Disney and Star Wars: Force for Change, which two of the four available band colors (white and black) represent.

Target is the exclusive retailer, and the bands are available online for $39.99, as well as in select stores starting in 2016. For every purchase of a UNICEF Kid Power Band until December 31, 2016, Target will donate $10 to the U.S. Fund for UNICEF. You can learn more HERE.

About Unicef:
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) works in more than 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. The U.S. Fund for UNICEF supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Contact Form