chicago gourmet fit for foodies

All the Foodies Go to King’s County Tap

Saturday, December 05, 2015 Elaine Rau

If you are a foodie, you must go to King’s County Tap, located in Lincoln Park. The restaurant has an industrial feel while still maintaining a refined edge. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality and presentation of the food; it felt like I was on the judge’s panel for Iron Chef!




My favorite dish was the octopus, which was served in a skillet and topped with market fresh greens. The octopus was cooked perfectly with various meats and vegetables under a layer of breading. A close runner-up was the chicken liver mousse crostini that was served with plum, fresno, and mint. I brought my vegetarian friend along with me, and Chef Chris was very accommodating, so she had plenty of choices. I tried some of her risotto with pumpkin and butternut squash, and that was decadent as well. 



We topped it off with their seasonal cocktails made by their talented mixologists at the bar. If you haven’t stopped in, now is the time – they are revamping their menu (to every foodies delight), so get your appetites ready and check it out!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Contact Form