bliss Clarins

HSM X Not A Size Zero: Skin Care for Fall

Sunday, November 01, 2015 Denise G


We all know how bad the fall weather is to our skin. The harsh weather can really dry your skin up, so I wanted to show you how i maintain a healthy, supple skin this time of the year. The most obvious thing you should alway consider is to moisturize. Moisturizing does not only help to keep your skin healthy and beautiful this time of the year, it also helps you in the long run to prevent some unwanted wrinkles.


Now moisturizing is not only found in the creams you apply, it's also present in things such as your facial wash. I switch off between three different facial washes right now - you don't have to. The two main facial washes that you need is a gentle facial wash that lathers up well and a scrub, again keeping in mind that they both need to add moisture to your face. If your facial wash leaves you with a very dry face where it feels like your face is so tight that means the facial wash is too harsh for you. The facial washes I use are the Neutrogena Pore Refining Facial Wash and the Philosophy Purity Made Simple. As for my scrub I use the Neutrogena Naturals Pore scrub.  Now although this is a scrub, this facial wash is still very gentle and doesn't leave my face feeling dry or tight.


After I have washed my face, I make sure to use a toner to close up my porous again. The toner that I'm using right now is the Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner. This product is always gentle and even though it's a toner my face doesn't feel tight once the toner has dried off. You always want to get products that moisture to your face even with toner and facial washes. Toner that are alcohol free are usually best for your skin. If a toner starts to sting on your face, that means that the product is too harsh for your skin and you should stop using it. Some other toners that I love is the Clarins Toning Lotion with Iris and Bliss Daily Detoxifying Facial Toner.


After I use my toner everything changes depending on what time of the day it is. If it's in the morning I make sure to use a sunscreen before I leave the house. Using sunscreen before you moisturize is another one of those things where you'll thank yourself later if you continue to do it right now.The product that I'm using right now is the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen. The other sunscreen that I love is the Aveeno Continuous Protection SPF 30
If it's night time, I like to put on my eye cream which I am using the H2O+ Eye Mender right now. Prevention is always better than cure so if you think you're too young to start using an eye cream, you may want to rethink that - unless you're 14.
Another cream I like to use at my time is the Clarins Mission Perfection Sérum. Serums are a great way to moisturize your skin, what I love about this specific one is that it brightens my sunspots and other dark spots cause by acne.I am currently obsessed with this product because of the way my dark spots have visually faded.


After I put my sunscreen (for day) or serum (for night) on, I lock everything in with a good moisturizer. The morning I try to use a renter gel based moisturizer. Right now I'm using the Clinique moisture surge. I like this brand because it's a very thin and light perfect for a base for your make up. It still light on the face and it leaves my skin feeling moisturized, but not too greasy. For the night cream I use a lot of different ones but my current favorite is the Sebamed Anti-Dry Night Intensive Cream. It is a thick formula that really makes my skin feeling good. I also love the Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advance Brightening Sleeping Cream to brighten up the dull skin we get from this weather.

Some other ways you can keep your skin looking fresh during this time of the year is by using a mask. There are a few kinds of mask what I usually use is the clay mask to lift the impurities off of my face. I often get as zit the day after, but that's because the mask is bringing all of the impurities out of your face so that you don't have breakouts underneath your skin. I use the drugstore brand Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask. Another type of mask are the sheet mask which I love. I often go to The Face Shop to get myself the Essential Masksheet in Collagen/ Hyaluronic Acid. They are soaked with the serum on that adds moisture your skin.
Last few tips that you shouldn't forget when it comes to moisturizing are your hands lips and your whole body. Don't neglect putting lotion on your hands especially if you wash your hands often. You need to protect your hands from unnecessary cut during this season by using hand cream. My current favorite as you all know is H2O+ SPA Hand and Nail Cream. I love the scent. Choose a brand that has the scent that you love so it entices you to keep using it throughout the day.

Lips are also one of the places you shouldn't neglect. Lips get chapped really easily because of this dry weather so make sure to use your favorite lip balm. Sometimes I use petroleum jelly on my lips at night and it really helps.

I hope these tips and products that I've shared with you help you out this season and keeping her beautiful and healthy.

Stay happy,
Denise

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Contact Form