Busy full plate

Why Having a Full Plate is a Good Thing

Saturday, October 03, 2015 Tyronita Bell


Ever since the start of this Summer I have realized my full potential. With two jobs and two internships under my belt while look for a place was a bit much at times. I honestly look back and I don't even know how I even did it! Every time I get into something new, mom always tells me that I "do too much" or that I need to slow down. Of course I always tell her that I totally have everything under control, and that I'm simply an ambitious person.

photo found via instagram

Since my schedule was so crazy, every second of my free time had to have some sort of utility. Everything that I do and still do has to have a purpose. Also the time commitments that I had made with the things I was involved with made me value the time I got to spend with my friends and family. I cherish it all the more because it's not too often that I get to see them, because of everything that I am doing. 

In addition to that, it made me become aware of all the things that I am capable of achieving in such a short amount of time. Being constantly on the go makes you have to tap into your time management and multitasking skills that had never been exercised before. While I was on the bus on my way to work I would be talking to a friend on the phone while answering emails, because otherwise I wouldn't really have the luxury to do either.

This type of responsibility is what it takes to really get ahead in life. Being able to handle having a lot on your plate gives you the discipline to you need to be able to achieve anything you want in the future. Settling for a simple schedule is too easy. I'm proud of all of the things that I have achieved within the past couple of months. I have literally done things that I wouldn't have even imagined myself doing a year ago.

I can without a doubt say I have grown from this. I'm not saying that I'm absolutely perfect (I have had my slip ups with forgetting things!), but I am now fully aware of all the things you can accomplish in a 24 hour period.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Contact Form