Chicago food Chicago restaurants

Mr. Brown's Lounge Is Spicing Things Up!

Sunday, September 27, 2015 Perry

There are 77 different neighborhoods that make up the city of Chicago, each one more diverse than the next.  Being the foodie that I am, one of my favorite things about living in such a diverse city is the vastly different restaurants.  The first night I lived in Chicago, I tried Indian food for the first time and I knew right away, I was going to love this city!

Pilsen is my go-to for authentic Mexican cuisine and the West Loop is where I go for a modern American meal, but not very often do I find myself downtown for dinner.  That is, until Mr. Brown's Lounge opened their new location at 81 E Wacker Place.  This unique restaurant offers a modern atmosphere in the heart of downtown, authentic Jamaican food and cocktails.



The second location for Mr. Brown's Lounge (the first located in West Town), their loop location is perfect for a unique lunch, a festive dinner or a tropical cocktail.  I recently had the opportunity to sample a few of Chef Chris Douglas' new creations and I have been craving them ever since!

The Island Style mac & cheese and fried plantains made for great starters.  My favorite menu item though was the curried chicken!  Served bone-in, this dish was the perfect amount of spicy and creamy, served with a side of  rice and peas and cabbage, seasoned with authentic Jamaican spices.



More than just tasty food, Mr. Brown's Lounge embraces the Jamaican culture with live reggae music on the weekends and celebrations centered around Jamaican holidays.  Not to mention, their Jamaican rum punch, one of their most popular cocktails, lures in a crowd all by itself!



If you are looking to spice up your next meal in Chicago, check out Mr. Brown's Lounge!  I am certain you will love their authentic cuisine as much as I did and that you will leave happy, or as they say in Jamaica, irie

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Contact Form