Anastasia beauty

HSM x Not A Size Zero Video: Get Ready with Me! Smokey Eye Look

Saturday, September 12, 2015 Denise

Get ready with me, Denise, from Not A Size Zero as I create a smashing smokey eye look using Jane Iredale's "In A Blink Of A Smoky Eye" palette.



I was sent the Jane Iredale "In the Blink of a Smoky Eye" palette to try for Halfstack's channel; and I got to say, this is one of my favorite palette's I've tried for Halfstack. 

The packaging is really cute. It's like a cardboard book on the outside, but inside it has a reflective plastic tray for the shadow pots and a mirror on top. It also comes with a small  booklet of looks you can try with the palette.

I also like the consistency of the product. It's really smooth and butter-soft. The color pay-off is also amazing. The best part about this palette is that the eyeshadows' staying power is unbeatable, even without an eye primer.

Check out the swatch of the colors I used for this look. The Bone and Double Espresso colors took two swipes to show, but the colors are still gorgeous.(Bone, Rose Gold, Dawn, Double Espresso)

The look that I'm following is the "Fiery Smoke" look from the palette. Below are the pictures I posted on Instagram and Facebook that got a lot of positive feedback.

You can watch this video to follow along on how to achieve this look:

It is always recommended that you do your eyes first if you are going to be sporting a smoky eye. It's so it's easier to clean the fall outs - if there are any.

EYES:
1. Pat "Dawn" all over your lids using a flat shadow brush.
2. Using a fluffy dome brush, grab some "Rose Gold" and brush it on your crease.
3. With a stiff dome brush, use "Double Espresso" and brush over your lash line with a outward flick motion to have a wing look.
4. Line your lash line and your water line with a black creamy eyeliner.
5. Grab your smudger and blend the eyeliner.
6. Mascara. Lots of it!
7. Some great options you can do to amp up this look is to use false lashes and add a wing liner using a liquid liner.

For my eye brows I used Anastasia' Dipbrow Pomade.

FACE:







Blush (Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush - Prim $28.00)


















You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Contact Form