encouragement fall

Bye Summer. Hello Fall.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 Jennifer Oquendo

Summer is long gone and I'm so disappointed. These are the times when I wished I lived in Florida where the weather feels warm all year round. A lot of people may disagree with me because Fall is almost everyone's favorite season. Don't get me wrong, Fall is great but it reminds me that Winter is coming. It reminds me that there will be long days of trying to walk through the piles of snow to get around.

Photo Courtesy of wallpaperhi


The exciting part of the change of season is that as we approach Fall we get to see the beauty of the leaves changing color. We get to experience a perfect weather where it's not too hot that you're excessively sweating and where it's not too cold that bundling up probably wont hide you from the cold. Chicago has a mind of its own when it comes to the weather and it is constantly changing drastically. The awesome part is that we get to admire every season, even if it's for a short amount of time. We get to purchase new comfy sweaters. cardigans and boots in our nearby clothing store.

As much as that sounds great, I still am not a fan of the cooler seasons. Because of that, I've decided to give myself a challenge. I've decided to list new and beautiful things in our Earth during these seasons whether it be an amazing sunset or a beautiful tree. I realized that when I stop focusing on the fact that winter is coming fast and just focus on the beauty of the environment then my perspective on people and places will change. So being that it is now officially fall, I am excited to see what fall and winter has in store for us. I'm excited because I'm taking the time daily to pause and look around my neighborhood and community and see the beauty in it. The key to enjoying and appreciating nature is changing our perspectives and mindsets and it's possible! So if you're like me and not looking forward to the cold months ahead, just remind yourself that even in those months there's purpose and there's beauty. You just have to pause and search it out!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Contact Form