beauty embrace

Embracing Your Unique Imperfections

Wednesday, August 05, 2015 Jennifer Oquendo

Do you ever feel like you're not pretty or good looking enough? You go through a list of flaws in your mind and tell yourself that you don't look great. We've all been there, when our hair seems to have a mind of its own and we don't feel attractive. Sure it's normal to feel this way at times, but it's important to speak positivity over yourself. Let's be real here, sometimes we wake up with a big fat zit on our face and that's it, life is over. Why? Because we fear what others may think or say about our imperfections. It almost seems like we try to impress everyone and keep up with the standards of what it is to be beautiful because if others think we are beautiful then maybe, just maybe we may believe it too.  I will be the first to admit that this is a daily struggle for me, but it is also a daily accomplishment knowing that beauty comes from within not only from appearance. We all know you can look beautiful on the outside but on the inside you could look like the grinch. It is a struggle believing when people tell you that you are beautiful. Of course we accept the compliments but do we really accept and believe what they say.



For instance, my husband makes it a habit to tell me everyday that I'm beautiful and honestly usually my response is "ehh thanks," or "uh I guess." I've learned that he does this everyday so that I can start believing it for myself. I've come to a place where when I feel my worse I look in the mirror and tell myself that I was fearfully and wonderfully made. I tell myself that I am beautiful and just by saying that it brightens my mood. Sometimes I would even write encouraging words on post-its and post them on my mirror. I dismiss all of the bags under my eyes, wrinkles on my face and gray hairs because I know that everyone carries their own flaws.

We have to learn to wear our flaws and flaunt them! We are all unique creatures with unique characteristics and we shouldn't be afraid to show them off. We should wear them proud because even though they may be looked at as ugly or unattractive, they are the complete opposite. Just being able to stand straight and be unashamed of any imperfection shows the poise and beauty you truly have. So, before you tear yourself down with negative words, embrace the imperfections and wear them proudly!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Contact Form