Barcocina bloody mary

Brunching at Barcocina

Monday, August 31, 2015 Perry

Brunching.  It's not just a word to describe delicious food that flirts with the time between breakfast and lunch, or the best excuse to drink every flavor of mimosas before 5:00pm on a weekend.  No, brunching has become a verb, a tradition, a social norm, and we Chicagoans take our brunching very seriously. 

This month, Barcocina, a modern Mexican restaurant that opened its doors in May of this year, in Lakeview, has finally jumped on the brunch bandwagon.  In my opinion, nothing is better than Mexican infused breakfast food, so my friend Sarah and I made plans to try it out one Sunday morning.































When we walked into Barcocina, I was surprised at how large the space is.  Furnished with clean, modern decor, I knew I was going to like this place before I even sat down.  Our server, Connor, promptly greeted us and gave us the ins and outs of their new brunch menu, including their build-your-own Bloody Mary options.  I selected which spirit, flavor (smokey or sweet), and toppings I wanted and received a not only delicious, but picture perfect Bloody Mary!




After reading through the impressive brunch options , we decided to try the chorizo benedict, chilaquiles, brioche french toast, and lobster guacamole (because, who doesn't love lobster?).  I'll admit, I am a bit of an eggs benedict critic, but Barcocina's original take on this brunch menu staple was wonderful.  Hollandaise sauce over two poached eggs, served on top of savory polenta cakes and crispy fingerling potatoes - this dish is a simple, yet surprisingly flavorful combination.  Definitely a new favorite of mine! 


Amazing chorizo benedict
The delicious chilaquiles


Everything we ordered was as delicious as Connor described it to be.  We ate, drank champagne margaritas, and caught up on all of the important brunch conversation.  It was the perfect way to spend a raining Sunday!  We have already made plans to grow our brunching bunch and invite more friends for another weekend at Barcocina.  Until then, my dreams will be made of champagne and guacamole!  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Contact Form