american american bars

The Legend: The Fatboy Burger at Twisted Spoke.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 Perry

The ultimate burger.  Any true foodie knows the thrill of the hunt for the perfect take on this bar menu staple.  To stand out amongst the rest, many restaurants have kicked things up a notch!  More than just two beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun; recipes range from gourmet to eccentric, classic to experimental.

I recall one time in particular, I ordered a burger at a Chicago bar that was garnished with a whole, fried pickle and was served with curry dipping sauce.  It was the most delicious combination and I find myself craving it often...more than I care to admit.

Even with all of the unique and tantalizing burger creations, sometimes nothing hits the spot quite like a timeless favorite.  For 20 years, Twisted Spoke, a biker bar located in the West Loop, has served up an impressive selection of local and imported beers, as well as tasty bar food.



As soon as I heard about the infamous Fatboy burger, I knew I had to try it out for myself!  I ordered my half-pound patty with a fried egg on top, one of the many add on options available (great choice by the way). Not a meat eater?  They thought of that too!  You can swap out the beef for a "no meat Fatty".  And, what burger would be complete without a side of fries and a pickle spear?  Twisted Spoke sure knows how to serve it up!



No matter how elaborate the toppings get, how tangy the sauces are and how high the patties are stacked, it's nice to know that there are burgers like The Fatboy that still exist, to feed our hunger for our all time favorites.  So, next time you have a craving for a good ol' American burger, Twisted Spoke has got you covered!  Make sure to grab a seat up at the bar and tell them Perry sent you. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Contact Form