chicago Chicago restaurants

Roka Akor Spring Samplings

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 Perry

One of my favorite things about living in Chicago is the diversity.  The people, the food, the culture; there is always something new to discover!  

On Monday, June 8th I had the opportunity to expand my cultural experiences with an evening at Roka Akor, a restaurant specializing in sushi, steak and seafood.  It was my first time at their downtown location, 456 N Clark St, and I was very impressed with the amazing decor and authentic food and drink!

I sampled a selection of small bites and the custom sushi rolls offered at Roka.  One of my favorites was the crispy prawn and chirashi roll!   My go to when ordering sushi is a crunchy, spicy tuna roll, but their version definitely ruined all other sushi for me.   


I also enjoyed my first sample of Soju, a distilled spirit, traditionally made with rice, wheat or barley, originating from Korea.  Usually clear in color and bland in taste, Roka put a seasonal twist on this surprisingly refreshing beverage.   With ingredients like basil, mint, blueberries, raspberries and mangos, Roka created unique flavors that can be cocktailed together.  

































  





 If you haven't yet experienced the diverse and tasty cuisine and beverages offered at Roka Akor, I couldn't recommend enough that it be added to your list of must try restaurants!  Order the Shochu Smash cocktail to start, find a place in the sun on the patio and enjoy the view of the evolving multicultural city around you. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Contact Form