artists Ava Gold

Ava Gold’s New Single “Havana” out now!

Friday, June 19, 2015 Tyronita Bell

Yvette Gonzalez-Nacer also known as Ava Gold is making her mark on the music industry. She is most recognized for her role in the critically acclaimed Nickelodeon show “The Fresh Beat Band”. After years with the show, Ava is now following her own path and focusing on her craft as a solo artist. Her debut song  ‘Havana’ is out now. The song speaks to her parents’ story in making a better future for her.

photo from avagoldworld.com

The quadruple threat shared her inspiration for the song. “ ‘Havana’ ” is a hopeful song. I wrote about my parents coming to the states from Cuba. It speaks to the sacrifices you have to give up sometimes for a better life, all the while, never forgetting who you are or where you’ve come from.” The artist added, “ My parents, listening to all the struggles they had to go through in search of a better life really moved me. The song can be interpreted in different ways, but ultimately I wanted to write about their story.

Ava’s sound is incredibly extraordinary. Her music contains some aspects of pop, R&B. and Latin inspiration all combined. “Honestly, I don’t know of any other artists that’s doing what I’m doing at the moment. My sound is soulful but there are some urban elements in it, and a Latin influence thrown in the mix. The sound I’ve been creating had been taking its own shape, and I love watching it evolve.

photographed by Malachi Banales

It is evident that the songstress has a good head on her shoulders. Unlike many people who want to pursue music, Ava Gold possesses a true fire for music and for what she does.  The energy that her music gives is truly genuine, and it shows. Music has been a big part the singer’s life.  She learned how to play violin at age three.  Ava shares, “…It was one of the reasons I first fell in love with music. In addition to the violin, she also knows how to play the guitar and piano.

Her upbringing had also played a large part in her musical style.  “…I know that my musical tastes are in part due to the fact that I was surrounded by lots of different musical styles growing up. Of course, there was Cuban music, but then there was the music from the radio and the old records my mom would play at home.  Everything from the Beatles, Celia Cruz & Queen to Whitney Houston, Ella and Stevie Wonder. I feel blessed that I was lucky enough to be exposed to such good music growing up.”

When asked why she calls herself Ava Gold the singer answered, “ Everyone’s creativity works differently. For me, I love having an umbrella to work under. It somehow gives me this feeling of incredible freedom. The name also has a lot of meaning to me personally.  Ava is a play on my name and Gold is a long story, but in a nutshell it means purity. There is a great quote from S.E Hinton’s ‘The Outsiders’ that reads, ‘stay gold pony boy. Stay gold.’. I always want my music to come from that pure place in my heart that remembers why I fell in love with music in the first place.
Gold admitted that her number one goal that she would like to achieve in her career is, “To be able to look back one day and be able to say I have no regrets, I accomplished everything I wanted to accomplish. I worked with my heroes and hopefully became a hero to someone else.”

Ava wants the world to know that “ I am an artist. I am here to create, to make music and to serve humanity. I love the world and all the people in it. I want everyone to elevate each other and to experience freedom.”

The music video to Ava Gold’s debut song Havana can be found on Vevo.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Contact Form