beauty beauty test kitchen

Beauty Test Kitchen : Skin Care

Thursday, January 29, 2015 Denise


Hello Hastackers! It's time to round up some more products to review. Today we are reviewing a couple of skin care products. I believe that taking care of your skin is the number one thing you should learn how to do before make up, so this round up is really something I am excited to share with you.
Check out the video I did for my review!

             


First I want to  talk about the Maya Chia Super Critical Omega-3 Chia Oil. This product goes for $59 at the Maya Chia website. It an oil for your face and body to keep your skin moisturized. Now I'm a big proponent of moisturizing one's skin and I'm not new to using oil to do it, so this made sense to me. What I love about it is that it is not oily at all when you use it. You use drops of the oil, rub and spread in the areas of your body that need moisturizing. It is very fast absorbing and stays on your skin for a really long time. What I didn't like about it is the smell. If you have seen my previous video, you would know how I am when it comes to the scent of a product. This particular product has an old flower scent to it. Once it's on your skin though it is very faint, so this is something I can overlook. This product leaves my skin very soft and smooth, and for that I definitely recommend you getting it. This big bottle can last you a while, especially since you only need so little to keep yourself moisturized in a day. 


Next we'll talk about the Obagi Professional-C Suncare Broad Spectrum SPF 30 which is goes for $70. Now I know that this is quite a pricey product. What I love about this product though is that it leaves my skin really smooth and soft. I also like the fact that it doesn't have that sunscreen scent to it. What I don't like about it is that it make my face extra oily. I have an oily face to begin with, but my face is not new to the idea of sunscreen every day.  Ever since I switched my sunscreen to the Obagi Suncare, I definitely saw the difference in my skin. I had to blot more through out the day. 


The boscia All-In One B.B. Eye Brightener Broad Spectrum SPF 20 is available for $38 at Sephora, and let me tell you, I love this product! What this product is, is a BB for your under eyes. It conceals your dark circles while moisturizing and protecting it form the sun. It's an amazing product to have because it brightens and makes you eyes look more awake instantly. It has an auto match feature and it matched my skin shade really well. What I don't like about this product is that it doesn't stay on the whole day. You will have to reapply this product throughout the day. 


The next product is another boscia product. It is the boscia Bright White Mask which is also available at Sephora for $38. I like this mask because one I've never had a clay mask turning to a peel off mask experience. Two, I love that this mask didn't leave my skin dry. Most clay masks I've used in the past would make my skin feel tight and dry. Word of caution though, if you are using this make sure you apply a good, even amount, so that the peeling process will be faster and easier.

Another eye product that I reviewed is the Hydropeptide Uplift Eye Firming Gel. This product is available at Nordstroms for $68. Don't be fooled with the size of this tube, it will last you a really long time. You only need half a pea size to put on your eye lids to you brow bone, so this tube will last you a while. Yes it is expensive, but that's not new in the eye cream world. In my opinion though, I did not see any difference. This product didn't work for me. If you have had any success with this product please leave it in the comment section below. I want to know how dramatic/not dramatic the changes you saw were.



The last two products I reviewed were for hair care. They are the Tony Odisho Ostia Gentle Moisture Shampoo and the Tony Odisho Ostia Intense Conditioner which are both available on the Tony Odisho website. They come in different sizes as well. As far as this product goes, the shampoo was a no for me and the conditioner was ok. I have a very sensitive scalp and very specific shampoos work with me, meaning only few won't give me dandruff. This is one of the shampoos that didn't work well with me. It was sad because I was really looking forward to this product. It claims to moisturize and nourish my dry, color-treated hair. 

For the conditioner I was ok with. I have never really experienced a conditioner that I absolutely love. I have often only been ok with it. Conditioners for me feel great in the shower, but once I rinse and dry it off it's a different story. If you do have any recommendations for conditioners for me, I would love to hear it, so please leave a comment below.

Well that about does it for me, tune in again next week for more blog and videos by yours truly. See you on my next video.  :)









You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Contact Form