chicago Eat Healthy

Halfstack Highlights - Episode 11 - FOOD CHOICES Documentary

Friday, June 06, 2014 HALFSTACK MAGAZINE

The older I get, the more I am painfully aware of the fact that the choices I made have a direct affect on the world around me. I am currently in the process of truly pushing myself in terms of health, not just for me, but for my family. To many people in my life suffer illness that stems directly from the food they put in their mouth. As a Latina, diabetes is a huge issue among our population and if eating better can ensure I survive, then I have made it a point to at least try something different in my life. I'm taking small steps and in no way are the ideas expressed in this film and interview today a way to try and sway you as readers towards one lifestyle or another.




Rather, I am hoping this sparks interests in your mind and pushes you to question the "reality" that big corporations typically feed us about what is safe and good for you. I am hoping that each of you is inspired to look deeper into this issue of health and dietary changes that is becoming ever more prominent and really ask yourself what you can do to ensure that your choices are choices made with a conscience. I will be the first to admit that I am a meat eater, but I have become quite interested in how the food I eat is treated. There are opportunities for people like me to chose food that is ethically produced just as I chose to wear clothing that isn't made by children in a sweatshop. We have a great sneak peek of a feature coming up next week from our next issue  showcasing a Chicago based farm that offers people another choice. We can't wait to share our Q&A with Nature's Choice Farm, but today we are showcasing an amazing documentary by a Chicagoan who is putting his passion into a film meant to help and educate the public: Food Choices.





In today’s Halfstack Highlights I finish off last month’s theme of community & health by interviewing Chicago Filmmaker and TV Commercial Producer – Michal Siewierski who is currently finishing up his first independent feature documentary: Food Choices.  Throughout this episode we talk about his career journey, the ups and downs of a creative life and how he became inspired to make drastic changes in his life which ultimately led to the concept of Food Choices and his current indiegogo campaign. Food Choices is a different kind of movie about food. Unlike several other documentaries of the genre that often focus on singular aspects and issues related to food, this feature length film takes a broader look and explores the impact that our food choices have not only on our own health, but also on the health of our planet. 

Take a listen below
Listen and subscribe via iTunes.
 



I hope you enjoyed this latest episode of Halfstack Highlights. If you listeners are interested in checking out the Food Choices trailer – please visit: foodchoicesmovie.com. Also, if you have the means, please take some time to visit the Food Choices indiegogo page and donate what you can to help make this film a success. 





And remember, please feel free to rate our podcasts and leave a comment on itunes! Your comments and feedback will help us to grow as we develop this new outlet and will allow the podcast, the people and the creatives showcased to be exposed to an even bigger audience. Thanks for your support!

-
Jen Lezan
Editor-in-chief

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Contact Form