Elite Training fitness

NATHAN Will Keep You Hydrated

Sunday, May 04, 2014 Samantha Kirkpatrick

I’m not one of those girls who can spend hours on a treadmill reading a book while StairMaster Sally kicks and pirouette's next to me. I prefer running trails or hiking outside where I can clear my mind with lush scenery.  The only problem for me is staying hydrated. (Oh, and finding a hair tie that can withstand the duration of my run. If I have to constantly fix my sagging ponytail I'm going to be pissed.) Since I’m pretty finicky about being comfortable, keeping a water bottle on hand poses a challenge.




The trail I take is paved and yet my IPhone (music source) still fervently bounces in my pocket like boiling water on the stove. It drives me insane. In. Sane. So when I received the NATHAN Peak Waist Pak I was curious how long it would hold up before I threw it on the ground and stomped my feet.

To my surprise, the Peak Pak sits seamlessly against my lower back, with adjustable straps around my waist. At least, I think it was around my waist. Due to its nearly weightless capacity I sometimes forgot I had anything on me. I kept expecting to see little marathon angels gliding it in the air so that it wouldn’t bounce. And by the looks of it, you would totally assume it bounces. Nope, it rests perfectly against my body and retrieving the water bottle from its pouch is a smooth interruption-free transaction.



The complimentary bottle in the Peak Pak holds just about 18 ounces of water, which is plenty to keep me hydrated through a long stride. There’s a discrete zipper pouch small enough to maintain its levity, but large enough to hold a cellphone. The adjustable straps allow you to find the most comforting position for your body. Little Velcro straps on either side of the buckle neatly tie up what would be dangling straps on your thighs.


That’s what’s so distinctly cool about NATHAN products; they’ve already foreseen everything. They know what little nuances will distract an athlete and they design products to amend those issues. Hence, the Velcro straps and attached to the water bottle pouch is a short drawstring for the sole purpose of securing the container.  Their Streamline Frosted Tritan Water Bottle has a push button, quick-flip straw so you don’t have to unscrew the lid to get a drink. It’s those little details that set NATHAN products apart from their competitors.



I keep a water bottle on me at all times: running errands, at the gym and shopping. I know the significant impact staying hydrated has on my body, which is why I love reusable bottles. Okay, about that Tritan bottle. Lets just take a minute to appreciate this grandeur title, Streamline Frosted Tritan Bottle. Perfect for the gym or on a trail; the finger loop on the lid is equipped with a carabiner so you can latch it on to your bag. It doesn’t leak or spill and the mouth of the bottle is big enough for ice cubes and makes cleaning quick and easy. One of its most redeeming qualities is that it keeps your drink cool.  I sat in the blazing sun for about three hours and when I heedlessly took a sip, it wasn’t sizzling hot. In fact, it was refreshing.  

It’s always fun to test out new athletic products and I especially love NATHAN. Staying hydrated is crucial to your health and this brand is dedicated to keeping people safe during all types of physical activity.  Be sure to check out my next post where I try out the NATHAN VaporShadow vest. 

- Samantha Kirkpatrick
Lifestyle & Fitness Blogger


*Halfstack Magazine has received no monetary compensation for the review of these products. The details described are solely the opinion of the columnist.* 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Contact Form