Bad Jokes Contagious

Keep on laughing....

Sunday, April 13, 2014 Kenny Muzzey

Two penguins were walking across an iceberg. One penguin turned to the second penguin and said, "You look like you're wearing a tuxedo." And the second penguin said, “Maybe I am." I’m not going to lie, I laughed harder then I should have at this. I do not really know why…. I guess I just appreciate a really, really bad joke.



Not too surprising though, I laugh a lot, at everything. That is probably why one of my cousins nicknamed me “the laughing idiot” growing up. I never really took that as a bad thing. Laughter is a good way to break a tense situation. I could not tell you how many potential bad situations I have gotten out of by simply laughing. Either, you say something or someone else says something, there is an awkward silence…. Just start chuckling, often times they will smile and reciprocate.

You wouldn’t really believe how important laughter is, given how common it is within the social environment. For you see, laughter adds a hint of positivity to the situation and instills a sense of connection between individuals. Similar to how a good laugh can change the environment, it can change us, and the way people look as us. Laughing makes you feel hopeful, optimistic, and positive. Generally, you will be seen as more attractive, friendly, and lively. As a photographer, I see this effect when photographing people. Their faces lie. There is a world of difference between a photo where everyone is sincerely laughing or smiling and one were the smile is forced. When working with a group I try to say something silly to get genuine smiles out of everyone creating a more…. natural shot.

There is a random statistic out there stating that your average four year old will laugh somewhere in the area of 300 times daily, where your average 40 year old laughs about four. That is why it is an important art to maintain the child within. Take some time out of your day, and go somewhere, physically, or mentally and simply be a child. Build a fort. Play a prank. Tell a joke. I don’t know.... figure it out! There is a reason children are so optimistic, happy, easy going, and a symbol of all that is good.  Laugh with you friends, your coworkers, yourself.

Smiling and laughter can be the simplest things you can do to make yourself feel better. Essentially, it is free medicine; a medication that is actually easy, fun, and comes without any of those awful side effects. Laugh with your friends, family, coworkers, laugh at yourself. If you cannot laugh at yourself… there is no point in laughing at all….


As you go through your day, your life, remember to take the little things lightly and just laugh. Learn to appreciate the “social lubricant” that is the laughing matter. Laughter is as precious as gold and as common as dirt.

Have a bad joke you want to share?  We'd love to hear it! Do us a favor and post it below. I'll share one in return. Give a little, get a little.


~KM~ Halfstack Blogger & Photographer
Images provided are owned and copyrighted by yours truly and dailypositivequotes.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Contact Form