amy cuddy chicago

Just like that, it came and went - welcome to 2014

Thursday, January 02, 2014 HALFSTACK MAGAZINE

It's kind of crazy how quickly this past year has gone, isn't it readers? Jen Lezan here - your Editor-in-chief of Halfstack. I wanted to pop in and welcome you all into a new year with Halfstack. Well, just like that, it came and went and now here we are - January 2nd - into our second full day of the new year: 2014. The past year was filled with ups and downs for all of us and I have to say to each of you - you are amazing. For overcoming any obstacles that may have blocked your journey, for keeping steady on your paths to follow your dreams and just for making it through. 

I'm not sure about the trials and tribulations you all had last year, but I'm here to say thank you for walking alongside us as you faced them and thank you for coming back every day (or at least often) to read our ideas, get inspired by the people we featured and for connecting with all of us at HALFSTACK. This past year has been amazing because of all of you, the readers, the brands, my team and companies we were able to work with. 

I've had this crazy feeling in the pit of my stomach the past few weeks. I've got this crazy intuition. It's not always spot on, but it's pretty accurate most of the time. My stomach is my sensor. It tells me when changes are about to happen. I'm not sure what they are, but they are coming and I'm excited for them. I'm excited to continue this journey with all of you out there and to continue to see my team grow and develop. 

We have some amazing things in store for 2014 and it begins with our Anniversary issue for Spring 2014. We have beautiful, powerful and insightful things planned for this issue and it will be a beautiful kick off to this new year. Our EQUALITY issue releases March 17 and that's the same day we turn 2. It's been a crazy 2 years and I'm excited and ready for more. We are ready to grow, ready to evolve and most importantly to continue following this beautiful dream to see where it leads us. 

I am not one to make resolutions as I think that as a person I should continue to evolve constantly not just at the beginning of the year. But what I do want to say about resolutions is perhaps this year, make it a point to dream, create and most importantly follow a dream and see where it takes you. There is this great quote from Mark Twain that I think is very fitting - "The secret of getting ahead is getting started". 





Don't wait anymore this year. If there is one adjustment you can make for yourself this year, I think it would be to stop "stopping yourself" before you even get started. Perhaps you have an idea, a goal a dream you want to follow - TAKE ACTION. Even if it is just a small step. Stop telling yourself that it isn't the right time, anytime is a good time. Stop saying you are not sure you can do it - "fake it till you make it". Here is a great ted talk that I hope will help kick off this year in a great direction for you.




Welcome to 2014 readers and I look forward to walking with you on this journey this year through our pages, photography and creative musings. 
-
Jen Lezan
Editor-in-chief
www.halfstackmag.com 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Contact Form