Candies express

Fall's "It" Trend: Punk

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 Sophie Magdalena

The Fall season is starting and I couldn't be more excited!  New trends have emerged and I've styled one of my favorites for Fall in this post!  Music and Fashion have always borrowed from one another, adding inspiration to each other.  This Fall season, designers were influence by 90's punk music and its culture of chaos and edge! 


A combination of leather, lace, combat boots, relaxed silhouettes, tartan prints and a major does of attitude!  It might seem really hard for some to relate to this trend if you don't know exactly how to do it.  Don't be scared off by the typical punk that you are used to seeing.  Yes it's a harder, more in your face trend, but it doesn't have to be!  

Teresa Espinoza, Halfstack Fashion Editor


I styled mine a little more casually and took it as far as I felt necessary to still maintain my personal style.  The easiest way to score the punk trend is with tartan print.  If you want to keep it more feminine and delicate, try a tartan print shirt with s strappy lace dress underneath.  Top off the look with a black bootie to bring it all together.  Still very much punk inspired with the pairing of the tartan print, but still versatile for anyone leery of taking the trend too far.

My version?  I love edgy trends and had so much fun putting this together.  I combined my punk inspired tartan print shirt from Forever 21 with a basic black tee from Express.  White denim pants from Forever 21, and black combat boots by Candies.  I wore my favorite Ray Ban Wayfarer's and topped it all of with a bold lip by Rimmell London to really give the whole look that extra edge I was going for.

Want to take the look one step further?  Try wearing your tartan shirt around your waist!  Designers showcased it as the "it" way to wear your tartan shirt this season.  Make sure to check out the Fall Issue of Halfstack Magazine for more of my punk inspired looks along with the rest of the Fall trend lineup!

Check out more of my look now... 


How to snag my look:   
Shirt:  Forever 21 (old) similar version can be found HERE.
- Black TShirt:  Express Best Loved Tee can be found HERE.
- White Denim pants: Forever 21 (old) similar version can be found HERE
- Black Combat Boots: Candies (old) similar version can be found HERE.   
- Sunglasses: Ray-Ban RB2140 Original Wayfarer can be found HERE
- Lipstick: Combined Rimmel London Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss in shade 107 and 04 (sold out) but try Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick  in Rapture by clicking HERE

-Teresa Espinoza 
Follow us on Twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Contact Form