creativeinspiration Dress For Success

The Limited, Empowering Women for 50 Years

Friday, August 09, 2013 Sophie Magdalena

Can you think of a moment in life when you were filled with sheer joy and excitement over having accomplished something amazing?  Maybe it was a job promotion.  Or maybe you finished that half marathon you thought you'd never be able to get through.  Maybe it was a fitness goal or maybe you beat cancer....  

For me....  It was my decision to leave 'Corporate America' in pursuit of something meaningful.  It was leaving my "cushy" and comfortable life, venturing into the instability and unknown in hopes of making a career out of my true passion...  Writing.  

In the short time I've been with Halfstack Magazine, I've interviewed enough entrepreneurs to know that the answer to one simple questions is always some variation of the same response...  

"What has this process been like for you?"  

"It has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life."  

Sounds a bit cliche... don't you think?!  Perhaps....  but I've been there.  I'm not an entrepreneur, however the passion behind my choices has been the same....  And it really has been the most rewarding experience in my life.  People get bogged down in the monotony of daily life because their jobs pay well....  I spent the first decade of my professional career in manufacturing.  And not to take away from the industry, because there are people doing amazing things every day in those fields, and I'm also not saying that I never found any aspects of my job rewarding; but I can tell you that growing up, I never said to myself... "I want to be a Purchasing Agent when I grow up."  

My point is....  I may have had to take a drastic pay cut and there may have been days when I cried to a point beyond relief, because nothing seemed to be falling into place, no matter how hard I worked.  There are still days when I cry and question my choices....  but I wouldn't trade it for anything else in the world.  The day my Editor, Jen said to me, "You are a great writer," (she doesn't know this, but...), I almost broke down and cried.  It was all the motivation and push I needed to know that this has all been worth it and WILL be worth it in the end.  Because seeing my writing... my work... and my name published in issue after issue of Halfstack, fills me with more joy than I would ever be able to explain.  

If you are asking yourself why I've chosen to share my own personal story with you....  The reason is simple.  This is the very story I shared with The Limited's 'Dress for Success' Campaign. 





Dress for Success is an international nonprofit organization that offers interview apparel and career development for women who are entering or re-entering the workforce.  It helps over 65,000 women a year find confidence to change their lives for the better through affiliate offices in more than 125 cities throughout the United States and around the world.  

The Limited has teamed up with Dress for Success in celebration of The Limited's 50 Anniversary.  The Limited... An iconic staple in the fashion industry, has been supporting personal success for 50 YEARS and is celebrating this milestone by helping other women achieve success through this special campaign!  

Here's how it works....  

The Limited is inviting women to share their stories of success, life lessons and the great memories in their lives at 50.thelimited.com.  For every story shared, The Limited has agreed to donate $1.00 to Dress for Success (Up to $50,000).  In addition, The Limited will be donating 30% of the proceeds from a limited edition clutch purse and commemorative bracelet that will debut this Fall....  

As part of the 50th Anniversary festivities, The Limited will also launch a social media campaign that will allow consumers to select the "ultimate celebration" dress design they would like to see in stores as well as where the culminating birthday celebration will take place.  Set to launch in October, in a simultaneous commemorative event that will span 259 stores nationwide.  

And last, but certainly not least, The Limited is also giving away 50 - $50 dollar gift cards over the next 50 days!  So don't miss out on your chance to win one at 50.thelimited.com





This truly is a celebration.  Not only of the 50th Anniversary of the fashion powerhouse, The Limited, but a celebration of women from all walks of life.  I encourage you to join together to empower one another through the use of our voices and please take part in this amazing campaign.  Share your stories and help other women achieve their deserved success.  Often times as women, we find ourselves at battle with one another through judgements, competitive natures or difference in opinion.  Truth be told, life is hard enough....  So let's put all those differences aside and join forces!  Not only do I encourage you to share your story with The Limited to help benefit this amazing cause, but share your stories with us at Halfstack.  We'd love to hear from you!  

For additional information regarding this campaign, please visit 50.thelimited.com.  
Like The Limited on FACEBOOK
Follow on TWITTER

- Sophia Sanchez
Like Halfstack Magazine on FACEBOOK
Follow us on TWITTER





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Contact Form