diningandentertainment Fandango

The Conjuring... Do You Dare?!

Sunday, July 21, 2013 Sophie Magdalena

I had a hard time getting to sleep last night.  It was about 11:30pm when I last looked at the time and drifted off into an uneasy and restless sleep.  What seemed like only minutes later, I blindly fumbled in the darkness to reach for my cellphone in an effort to determine the time.  Reeling by the bright light resonating off my cellphone screen, it took a few seconds for my eyes to adjust.  3:00am.  

I was suddenly filled with dread and horrid thoughts of what could be lurking in the dark shadows of the night.... What lay hidden behind that faint crack in my closet door?  Did I really hear the sound of a child giggling coming from the hidden depths of a hallway swallowed up in darkness, or was it just my mind playing tricks on me?!  

Modern pop-culture probably has some role to play in my dreadful fear of 3:00am, with movies such as "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" and "The Devil Inside" where it seems that evil deeds only occur late into the night when all of mankind is peacefully at rest and also at their most vulnerable..... The Witching Hour......  When demons and spirits are strongest.  In mockery of the supposed hour of Christ's death at 3:00pm, The Witching Hour, exacted as 12 hours later, is when evil spirits are set free or "allowed by God" only in these hours to mock the blessed holy trinity and to taunt those living in sin.  Skeptic or not, if your hair is standing on end, there is the proof that we can't help but wonder a little if any of this holds any truth...... 




The Conjuring - Rated R (1hr. 52 min)

Before there was Amityville, there was Harrisville.  Set in the 1970's, "The Conjuring" tells the true story of Ed and Lorraine Warren (Patrick Wilson, Vera Farmiga), world renowned paranormal investigators, who were called to help a family terrorized by a dark presence in a secluded farmhouse.  Forced to confront a powerful demonic entity, the Warrens find themselves caught in the most horrifying case of their lives.  Extremely well-crafted and gleefully creepy, The Conjuring ratchets up the dread with a series of smartly delivered, terribly effective old-school scares. 

 

Having done my research on this "true story," I found this movie closely resembles the actual events that took place not so long ago.....  but don't go ruining it for yourself and watch the movie first!  Far scarier than any horror flick I've seen as of recent years, I spent almost 2 hours curled up in my movie theater seat, my hand clenching my boyfriend's arm and my head buried in my knees....  Moral of the story.....  Not for the faint of heart!  



In movie theaters now....  Get SHOWTIMES & TICKETS.  

Watch the trailor now:  




**Images compliments of Warner Bros

- Sophia Sanchez




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Contact Form