accessories Allizon Zisook

"Live Lovely"

Thursday, June 20, 2013 Sophia Sanchez

Born and raised in the suburbs of Chicago, I can count on both hands the number of times I’ve gone shopping in the city.  Well, almost a year ago, I moved to San Antonio and I keep kicking myself for never truly having appreciated all of the amazing shopping that was at my fingertips for most of my life.  Don’t get me wrong, San Antonio is a fabulous city, but the reality is that very few cities will ever compare. 


Have you ever heard of the Magnificent Mile?  Michigan Ave?  A native or not, this is a Chicago staple and you’d have to be living under a rock to not know what comes with the shopping here…..  Cartier, Salvatore Ferragamo, Hugo Boss, Tiffany & Co., just to name a few.  But aside from the obvious choices, the most fun part of shopping in Chicago is discovering the hidden gems.  That is, the independent boutiques that are hidden all over the city.  It’s inside these stores where you can find a flavor and style all your own. 

So I took to the internet in hopes of finding something spectacular to share with you.  And while this time around, I didn't have the luxury to scour the street in person, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with my find.  After clicking on various links with some cute, but unworthy finds, I stumbled upon a link with the name Sofia.  Given that my name is in fact, Sophia, I just couldn’t pass up the temptation to see what lay inside.  From casual to glamorous and everything else in between, Sofia is the perfect blend of clothing and accessories to make you feel sexy, chic and free! 



A joint venture between siblings Ashley, Allison & Zach Zisook, Sofia started out as a vintage showroom by appointment only.  But as the clients’ needs began to change, the siblings decided to revamp their brand and make it a store front open to the public.  They pride themselves on bringing their customers eclectic, hand-picked pieces while showcasing the nation’s hottest designers and emerging fresh talent.

Not wanting to be branded by a specific fashion trend, Sofia is tailored specifically by what the public wants.  Featuring designers such as Love Shack Fancy, Rachel Zoe and For Love & Lemons, Sofia continually rotates their designers by hosting trunk shows and designer showcases to really highlight season trends and a variety of styles. 

The owners, Chicago natives who have recently celebrated 4 years in business, push the notion to their customers that everyone should “Live Lovely;” to embrace the beauty of who you are and take chances in both life and fashion. 


Sofia really is a true gem in the fashion market so don’t miss out!  Next time you are in the city… be sure to stop in and meet the friendly staff and owners while stocking up on the hottest looks for summer!  



100 East Walton St.
Chicago, IL  60611



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Contact Form